Thursday, May 17, 2007

Matt - "It's Alive!!!"

Yesterday I just finished my engine. It really doesn't use gas. It is just a model. It uses a motor to move all its parts.

First, I started on making it. It was quite hard. Then it started getting easy. But then there was a problem and the motor couldn't move the pistons very well. So, I had to take it all apart.

After that I gave the pistons to Jennifer. The screws weren't screwed in tight enough. That was the problem. When I put it back in the model it moved really well. It moved so well that it used very little energy to move it. It didn't struggle at all. Not even a tiny bit.

When it was finished the fan didn't move too fast which cools down the radiator. I thought it would move faster but it didn't. But then I thought, it goes faster the faster the engine goes so that's probably why it was going slow.

First, I showed it to Dad and Jennifer. It worked pretty well. Then I showed it to John-Michael and Ben. Jacob had already gone to bed.

I put it on my desk. There's not very much stuff on my desk. My desk is in my room. Me and John-Michael share a room. That night it was really hard to go to sleep because I was so much thinking of my motor. I was so happy to know how a motor works...I mean an engine.

No comments: