Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Jennifer/Mom - An update of my own

Yesterday and this morning I was given a hard time because I hadn't posted in a few days. The truth of the matter is I am totally intimidated by all the great posts everyone has been putting up! Further I am irked that Chris is so much funnier than I am.

Still, I guess I should update myself and John-Michael as Chris gave updates for everyone else yesterday.

John-Michael - Reading up a storm! At a party we all attended a couple of weeks ago, the neighbor the boys get a ride with in the morning told me he has never seen anything like the way John-Michael reads. He gets into the car reading and gets out of the car reading. He is just reading ALL the time. John-Michael also loves playing World of Warcraft. His character is a hunter and he has just learned how to tame beasts! He now has to get some gold coming in so he can get a collection of tamed beasts and afford to stable them as you can only have one "pet" active at a time.

Me - I started re-reading parts of a book I really like last night. Ayn Rand's "Atlas Shrugged" Recommended by a friend, I read it about this time last year for the first time and I really enjoyed it. Very insightful and illuminating and very helpful in dealing with some of the challenges I faced at the time. I highly recommend it.

I just got off the phone with Chris and apparently we are going to begin a program to do a greater part for decreasing global warming by increasing pirate activity. I shall explain further....going into a headwind with the electric car operating on low battery charge inspired Chris to suggest a sail be added to the car. I responded with enthusiasm that I thought that it was a fantastic idea! I was sure that John-Michael would be thrilled to lend his new Jolly Roger to the project. We could put a bumper sticker on the back that says "Honk if you love Pirates!" and another that says "Doing our part to decrease global warming!" (If the global warming thing confuses you just look at the chart we posted on Wednesday, May 16th. That will help clear things up.)

We haven't quite figured out how we would successfully tack back and forth across the freeway without annoying the other drivers. We are fairly confident however, they will be understanding for such a sound cause as decreasing global warming. I am sure Chris will figure out a solution though. He is a brilliant engineer!

Ok, time for me to go and get the dictations from Kirsten and Matt plus get more progress done on my own "LIST". Lots to do! Lots to do! Including haircuts this afternoon (if I can fit it in)!

No comments: