Thursday, May 24, 2007

Dad - a rough day


Jacob came home from school yesterday and said he had a rough day. He had a field trip to Casa Bonita that apparently didn't go very well, I figured that we would hop right back on that horse and so the whole family went to Casa Bonita for dinner.

Casa Bonita is an iiiiinnnteresting place, the food is less than average and the prices aren't that great, but it has an atmosphere like no other restaurant. There is the scary walk through Black Bart's cave, a puppet theater and cliff divers doing various shows that invariably end up with the bad guy falling in the water below.
When I was a kid my family took us to Casa Bonita. They used to have audience members participate in the show. I was called up to be the hostage in a Sheriff and bad guy's shootout. My line was to yell "Help, Help" I threw in a third help, I was such a ham.

Jacob really enjoyed the cliff divers and other entertainment. It worked really well to give him another chance at his field trip. The others had fun too.

The food made me a bit sick, so when we got home I fell right asleep.

No comments: