Monday, June 25, 2007

Ben – Canoe trip

Well Dad woke me up really early in the morning on Friday, we had a quick breakfast and went to the church where I helped pack for the trip.

Then we went to Wyoming and got ready to go canoeing. We started down the river for a while and every now and then I’d take a picture of something. Around 4pm we landed for camp 14.5 miles down the Platte River.

I helped set up my tent then I helped make dinner. We had a dinner of hamburgers and a desert of cookies and then we went to bed.

On Saturday, early in the morning, we broke camp and left for another 20 mile run. We visited a cliff that had a cemetery on it. And I took a few pictures up there. I also took 2 pictures of an American bald eagle that day. Then we setup camp after the 20 miles. I helped setup my tent again and carried all my stuff up the cliff. Then we had dinner and then we went to bed. In the morning we broke camp and then we headed down the Platt for the rest of the way, once we reached the golf course we got out the canoes and packed up all of our stuff to go back home to Colorado. I played a little in the car until we got back to the church then I helped unpack and help everyone go home. Then Jennifer picked me up and took me to grandma’s house.

No comments: